Forum
Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

I understand no one has an answer, but my chances???

Last post 11-13-2009, 3:58 PM by happ1233. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-11-2009, 6:13 PM 8569

I understand no one has an answer, but my chances???

I am a Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering with an Electrical Engineering Minor student.
    GPA:2.72
    Senior with an additional year to go, so I can complete my majors and flight school.
    I had very bad sophomore and junior years, one because I did not know what I wanted to do with my life. Two, I am at a respectable school.

I was captain of both of my sports in high school, swimming and football. I am in leadership roles in college with two organizations.

I have lost 50 pounds and I am at 210(I played football in high school, so not a overweight by most standards). I plan to loose another 30 lbs to become eligible physically.

On a side note, I have had hay fever for most of my life. The air force website says that is a disqualification. Could someone really be disqualified for hay fever?

My eye sight is pretty good, 20/25 I believe.

I guess I am most worried about the GPA. I have three and a half semesters to raise it. If I leave with two degrees and a minor with a 3.0-3.2 gpa. Am I close to getting in?
  •  11-11-2009, 6:25 PM 8570 in reply to 8569

Re: I understand no one has an answer, but my chances???

My chances of becoming pilot in the air force is the intention of the forum entry. Also, I know two officers who can write me recommendations.
  •  11-13-2009, 3:58 PM 8573 in reply to 8570

Re: I understand no one has an answer, but my chances???

To add some hits to the page, I would like to attend OCS and complete the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test beforehand.
View as RSS news feed in XML